Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day Ten... K and Kick Backs!




Most of the learning methods I use are rotated from week to week. For example, for each letter I will have the children draw the letter inside my bubble letter on my Ikea board. Sometimes it is chalk, sometimes it is dry erase markers.

Each child takes a turn singing while pointing to the ABC chart.  We have started to each day put up ABC cards on the wall for recognition and letter sounds.

We add our Zoo Phonic cards to our book and then trace the letters with our fingers using the animal's body shapes on the cards as starting and stopping points. (um there is a lot of talk about bums during this time. As my directions usually sound like this. "Start at the top of his head. Go down his back." Giggles... "You mean to his butt!")


Somedays I introduce something new. Today we sang "Row Row your Boat" from this book I found. It has many cleaver verses about loosing a paddle, falling in the river, going around a beaver dam, stopping for lunch, hiding from a storm. We acted the whole book out.

We played our drums to the book with monkey's and drums. We are getting quite good at the beat... Dum Ditty Dum Ditty Dum Dum Dum.






But today was fun because it was windy. So we made Kites for the letter K during Individual Time. The kids taped down all the straws and ribbons. They held down the paper for the final taping. Then we went outside and flew our kites while I sang... Let's Go Fly a Kite.

We ended the day with acting out the K portion of Dr. Suess's ABC Book. Big K, Little K. Kitten Kangaroo. Kick a Kettle, kite and a King's Kerchoo!

Wonderful videos from this day. I am excited to make a video... Just need more time.

Keep Kicking those Letter sounds at those Keepers!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment