Tuesday, September 20, 2011

5th day of Preschool

Ah Today! It was rough for me. I was a little under the weather. (I sprayed Q's Learning Center from top to bottom with Lysol.) Anyway, the day must go on. We started the day by trying to act out a story book that I wanted to do on day 3. I gathered costumes and props of animals. This among 4 and 5 year olds is a great hit, but not so much for this bunch. They tolerated it.

Next, I really wanted to get the children (I need a name for them besides kids and children.) to say the complete Zoo Phonics song with all the actions. There brains would not stand for it. We stumbled through it. I then went to the old playbook. That would be let them play while I teach.

We took the Zoo Phonic Cards down the slide with us as we said their names and sounds. Ok so that worked for a about five turns each. So I turned my attention to the girl on the swing. The Zoo Phonic Cards wanted to join her. Sammy Snake slithered onto her swing. Honey Horse jumped up there. Vincent the Vampire Bat got kicked by her shoe. It looked like so much fun that another girl joined us and they shared the swing and fun. The other children learned by osmosis.

Next we had Go Diego Go time. We ate popcorn while we watched Pepito the Penguin find his school. I honestly love Dora and Diego. The kids were able to say ayuda me, help me, and nada, swim. They called for a whale, and told the rescue pack what Diego needed to slide down snowy hills. Last, but of course, not least, helped Pepito find his school of penguins by comparing and contrasting the different type of penguins. After the show, we created our own "Animal Science Books." (Sorry about the permanent markers.)

We had story time, and each child picked a book and had it read to them.

We ended the day. I don't know how, but we did. Now to prepare for B-day. I may just have to turn it into a Birthday Party. Why not?


0 comments:

Post a Comment