Friday, September 23, 2011

6th Day of Preschool

Blast begins with a B, and so did everything else we did today. We started our "B day" with a hunt around the house for things that begin with the letter B. The kids stuck post it notes with a "mama B and baby b" on the bathtub, bag, bunny, button jar, BBQ, balls, bubbles, blocks, books, and baskets. The kids saw the bubbles and so of course the answer was sure why not when they asked to play. So outside we went for bubbles and balls. My parent teacher and I kept saying things that began with b and then giving each other an impressed look. The kids had snacks on the tramp and then wanted the We are the Dinosaurs Marching Song.

We went back inside to color Bubba Bear, and to sing B-o-o-t-s Boots. To think I had every boot... Black, Brown, Rain, Dancing, and Frog. We also sung Bumble Bee.

I wanted the kids to come to the basement to pick out a box, but some saw the Geo Tracks, others the slide and swing. We had a quick change of plans. I picked out boxes. (boxes begin with a B) I also brought water bottles. We built a tower with the boxes and made noises with the bottles. Then one child wanted to bowl. So I said of course because bowling begins with a B. We read the Berenstain Bears B book and then let the kids play. Anytime we heard a B word we would say.... and (word) begins with a B.

Next is C day. I can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment